16 Nov 2017
LG PERFORMANCE OF THE WEEK: STAM’S READING PRODUCE STRONG PERFORMANCE TO HALT IN-FORM RAMS
The League Managers Association’s five-man panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, has determined that the LG Performance of the Week Award should go to Reading for their 4-2 victory against in-form Derby County on Saturday 4th November 2017.
The experienced and highly distinguished panel has managed a combined total of over 6,000 competitive matches in professional football.
Reading Manager Jaap Stam will receive a celebratory bottle of champagne, courtesy of Tanners Wines, and an LG Performance of the Week trophy in a presentation to commemorate the result.
A quite brilliant Reading performance earned Jaap Stam's men a comfortable 4-2 win at Pride Park this afternoon as goals from Moore, Aluko, Beerens and Barrow were more than enough to beat an in-form Rams outfit who were very much outplayed on the day.
- Moore heads home the opener after nine minutes,
connecting with McShane's flick on.
- A wonderful left-footed hit from Aluko doubles the
Royals' advantage four minutes later
- Beerens makes it 3-0 early in the second half as he
capitalises on a mistake from Davies
- Johnny Russell capitalises on an error at the back to
pull one back for Derby
- Barrow taps home Edwards' low cross to make it 4-1, but Martin makes it 4-2 late on.