17 Nov 2016
The Professional Football Administrators Association (PFAA) was formed in August 2007 when the Football Administrators Association (FAA) merged with the Commercial and Marketing Managers Association (CMMA).
This amalgamation was designed to reflect the changes in the Commercial, Marketing and Administrative departments within clubs.
To be eligible to join you must be working in an administrative role at a professional football club, governing body or County FA.
The benefits of membership include:
- Legal services: employment contracts, termination of employment and disciplinary advice
- Invitation to attend the Annual Administration Conference
- The opportunity to apply for the Certificate in Professional Football Management and Administration
- Assistance in the preparation of CVs
- Notification of employment opportunities
- Participation in a selected range of member benefits
If you are interested in becoming a member of the PFAA or require further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
John Alexander - PFAA Chairman
Born in Liverpool in 1955, John signed as a professional for Millwall after graduating from London University with a BA Hons. in Geography. He went on to play for Reading, where he was a member of the 4th Division championship winning side in 1979, and Northampton Town.
On ceasing to be a professional John worked for the BBC for five years before joining Watford in 1987 where he was Assistant Secretary to Eddie Plumley before becoming Secretary. John was Tottenham Hotspur's Club Secretary since March 2000 before he joined Manchester United at the start of the 2010/11 season.