25 Nov 2014
LMA ANNUAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE 2014
The League Managers Association (LMA) hosted its sixth Annual Management Conference, sponsored by Barclays, in association with The Premier League, at The British Museum in London on Tuesday November 25, 2014. To watch a summary of the event select the video on the link above.
The event delivered exclusively for the LMA’s commercial partners and sponsors, brought together over 300 delegates for a full programme of key-note addresses on subjects from across the leadership, personal development and wellbeing spectrum.
This year’s speakers, listed below, all shared their unique insights into leadership and elite performance, discussing the similarities of their respective roles, the challenges they face and how they approach them.
• Sir Alex Ferguson, LMA Board Member
• Steve McClaren, Derby County Manager
• Ged Roddy, Director of Youth, Premier League
• Dan Hunt, Head of Elite Performance, Premier League
• Rasmus Ankersen, bestselling author, Chairman of FC Midtjylland and co-founder of 21st Club
• Mike Johnson, former global CEO of Castrol and Founder and CEO of Emergence, Global Consulting
• Lord Herman Ouseley Chairman of Kick it Out and Member of The House of Lords
• Jeremy Snape MSC, Founder Sporting Edge
• Dr Dorian Dugmore Perform Director of Corporate Wellbeing
• Dr Lee Rice, Doctor, USA Olympic Team / San Diego Chargers
• David Blackwell, Partner, Deloitte
• Kevin Mathers, Country Sales Director, Google UK
• Alec Stewart, Director of Cricket, Surrey CCC
Richard Bevan, chief executive of the LMA said;
“Our conference, now in its sixth year, reinforces the similarities between managing at the top level of football and business. The LMA’s conference allows our commercial partners and sponsors to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of football management, sport and leadership at the highest level. The key-note speakers gave an incredible insight into their roles presented the case for the value of great leadership.'